We need you!
Imagination for People is an open-source platform dedicated to social innovation and social entrepreneurship.
Anyone can contribute and leave a personal touch to help improve project sheets, better the platform, animate discussion boards or translate a page. Whether you have time to tinker, resources to contribute or just want to take a look around the platform you will always be welcome on I4P! The I4P community is passionate about social and environmental issues and we would be happy to have you contribute to the improvement of the platform to help address these issues that society faces!
We hope to see you soon!
Signed : Simon, Sylvain, Frank, Marika, François, Jean-Michel, Laura, Benoit, Guillaume, Hervé, Freddy, Mehdi, Tristan, Yoann, Corinne, Philippe... and soon, you :-)
Help with coding
- Join the development group of the project (or subscribe directly to the discussion listserv via mailman)
- Check out the source code of I4P on GitHub (master branch), fork the project, or send a pull request.
- Check out the source code for the Android app of Imagination for People on Github.
- Follow new developments on the redmine of the project
- Find the documentation of I4P
Build future features
- Join the I4P group to participate in and stay informed of feature updates. This group is open to everyone; you don't have to be an expert ;)
- Follow the updates and changes to features and options
Help test updates
- Join the group of beta testers to test new features and help improve them
Alert I4P to bugs or send in suggestions
- You can report any bugs you find, propose ideas for improvement, or ask any questions in the feedback centre
Have fun with the API
- I4P's API is available to link projects and groups to your webpage. If you use the API, it will allow you to link the details of the projects to your own webpage or application. Contact Cyril for more information
Connect with a project
Add a project sheet
Respond to the needs of a project
- Consult the list of project needs
Contact the project team
- See a project sheet without a team? Find the team and invite him or her to rejoin the sheet
- Know of an inspiring project? Contact the project team and invite them to create their own project sheet
Review new contributions
- See the newest projects and help complete them
- Review the most recent changes on the site to correct/modify contributions. Everyone can verify a change to ensure that everything added to the I4P site is correct. This will help improve the platform
- Search project sheets that have been recently updated
Translate project sheets
- Find a project sheet that hasn't been translated into a language you speak? Click the button "Lang" and select the language you wish to translate the page into.
- For example, if you are on the English site and a project comes up in French, its English language translation hasn't been written yet.
Animate the platform
Spread the word
- Find I4P on social media platforms : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Scoop.it
- Share the I4P introduction video
- Share the site and the projects
Help other users
- Make contact with new users and help them discover the site
- Send a message to a project team with new ideas
- You can also be alerted by email
- Of new arrivals: ask for an account on OTRS by contacting email@example.com
- Of new projects and the members of projects: ask for an account on OTRS by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Of all modifications on the wiki and all new projects: subscribe to alerts for recent changes on I4P and on the wiki.
- Send a message to the project sheet team
- Ask to receive email alerts when a new project team member becomes associated with a project sheet (send an email to email@example.com to set this up)
Animate the communities
- Follow the recent activity in a forum, respond to questions, suggest new topics
Write blog posts
- Add a blog post (ask for access through firstname.lastname@example.org)
Create a group
Participate in a forum
Translate into my language
Translate the site
- Transifex is a simple translation tool for language files of platforms. To help us, join the group that corresponds to the language that you speak on Transifex. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XAa9CsAav4.
There are 5 resources : I4p_base / Member / Partner / Project_sheet / workgroup. Each resources is a part of I4P.
For example, the resource "Project Sheet" corresponds to all the sentences on the project sheet (see an example of a project here).
Once the translation is realized to 100%, the development team will share the new translations.
If you wish to have access to the translations that are finished (to look them over, for example), click on "Translate now" (see image here) and click the box "translated".
To do this, find the pages that need translating and ask for access to the statistics pages of the site from Simon ou Sylvain.
Translate the project sheets
- Find a project sheet that hasn’t been translated into a language you speak? Click the button “Lang” and select the language you wish to translate the page into.
- For example, if you are on the English site and a project pops up in French, its English language translation hasn't been written yet.